The bootloader of a Motorola Edge+ phone is locked by default. You cannot root it or install a custom recovery. You can gain a lot of benefits by unlocking the bootloader of your smartphone. This article explains how to unlock a Motorola Edge+ bootloader in detail.
Through locked bootloaders, users are prevented from modifying their devices‘ software. Bootloaders for the Motorola Edge+ can be unlocked easily. Users can then proceed to root the phone, install Magisk, and install custom ROMs.
Unlocking the Motorola Edge+ Bootloader
For android smartphones like Motorola Edge+, a bootloader is a program that loads an operating system kernel for further execution. However, it does not execute programs that are not part of the boot loader. It’s a small piece of code that initiates the start-up process of a computer or a phone in this case.
When it comes to Motorola Edge+, unlocking the bootloader is the process of enabling the user to install a custom operating system. It varies depending on the operating system. There are a lot of custom ROMs that support the Google Camera Port.
The process of unlocking the bootloader of a Motorola Edge+ allows users to root the device, or flash a custom ROM or flash MODs. The process of unlocking the bootloader of a Motorola Edge+ is similar to the process of unlocking the bootloader of any other Android device.
Note: Unlocking the Bootloader can be a very risky job. Unlocking the Bootloader of any Android Smartphone especially Motorola Edge+ will void the warranty and if any problem arises in the device after unlocking the bootloader, the company will not take any responsibility
Before you start Unlocking the Bootloader on the Motorola Edge+
There are a few prerequisites to unlocking the bootloader of the Motorola Edge+. These are listed below.
- Install USB and ADB drivers for the Motorola Edge+ on Windows.
- Developer Options and USB Debugging should be ENABLED. Your computer can interact with Motorola Edge+ this way.
- If you don’t want to lose your data, back up everything on Motorola Edge+.
Steps to Unlocking the Bootloader of Motorola Edge+
- Open your Settings menu after unlocking Motorola Edge+.
- Access Developer Options in Settings. A list of options will be displayed.
- The option “OEM unlocking” can be found. This will allow the bootloader to be unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocking by tapping the toggle.
- Hold down the power button. The phone will shut down when you tap Power off.
- Use a USB cable to connect Motorola Edge+ to your computer.
- On your computer, open CMD/Powershell and run the following command: adb reboot bootloader Check the phone’s communication with the computer by entering the following command: fastboot devices
- The terminal will return something if it has been successful in communicating with the phone. You can now run the following command: fastboot flashing unlock
- On Motorola Edge+’s screen, you will see two options once you enter the unlocking command. Select Unlock the bootloader.
- Confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
How to restore the bootloader after unlocking?
While unlocking Motorola Edge+, people tend to mess up when they try doing this extraordinary thing.
Although flashing the stock ROM can solve the problem in most cases, there are situations where you may want to re-lock the bootloader. If you’re not sure which method to use or you’re encountering a new problem, it’s best to consult the official Motorola forum.
Here’s a list of steps to help you with the process:
- Download the stock ROM for Motorola Edge+ from the official Motorola forum.
- Extract the compressed file and transfer the IMG file to the root directory of your SD card.
- Turn off the phone and boot into the fastboot mode by pressing the power button + volume down button.
- In the fastboot interface, connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- When the phone which is in this case, Motorola Edge+, is connected, type fastboot devices in the command prompt window.
- Type in fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin in the command prompt window and then hit enter.
- For example, if the bootloader unlock token is 23IFRT23, type the following command: fastboot flash unlocktoken 23IFRT23 Unlock_code.bin
- Wait for the process to complete and then reboot the phone by typing fastboot reboot in the command prompt window.
Congratulations, you have successfully restored the bootloader for Motorola Edge+ using the steps provided above.
Thanks for reading this article on how to unlock the Motorola Edge+ bootloader. Our website is continuously being improved in order to provide you with the latest news and updates. Feel free to share your thoughts about Motorola Edge+ in the comments section below. To contact us, please visit the contact us page. We appreciate your interest in our website.