Resetting your Firestick to factory settings is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps.
- First, press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your remote for about five seconds, or until you see the Reset screen appear. From there, use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight the Reset option and then press the Select button to select it.
- Once you’ve selected resetting your device, you’ll receive a confirmation message asking if you’d like to continue. If you’re sure that you want to go ahead with the reset, simply choose Yes using your remote’s navigation arrows, followed by pressing select one more time.
- After this point, your Firestick should reset itself back to its original state shortly thereafter.
- It’s important to note that once you complete the resetting process, all of your apps and settings will return to their default states as they were before – so make sure that any changes or settings adjustments that may have been made prior are documented accordingly beforehand.
- Additionally, keep in mind that any files stored locally on the device such as movies, programs, etc. will also be wiped clean during this process – so ensure these are backed up elsewhere safely before going ahead!
Hard factory reset on Firestick
The Amazon Fire TV Stick can be reset to factory conditions if desired. This process is commonly called a “Hard Reset”, and will restore the device back to its original state before being used for the first time. To do this:
- Press the Home button on your remote
- Go to Settings
- Select My Fire TV
- Scroll down, and click Reset to Factory Defaults
- Click Reset when the pop-up message appears.
After the Amazon Fire TV Stick has been reset to factory conditions it will need to be re-programmed by logging into an Amazon account if necessary and selecting any other preferences you may have had set up with the device previously.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you unfreeze Amazon Fire Stick?
Unfreezing the Amazon Fire Stick is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. Firstly, press and hold down both the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your remote for about five seconds or until you see the Reset screen appear.
Once it appears, use the arrow keys on the remote to highlight the Reset option before pressing Select once again to complete the selection. Your Firestick will then start to reset and return all its settings back to their defaults.
- Make sure to press and hold down both the Select and Play/Pause buttons together for at least 5 seconds
- Use the arrow keys on your remote to select the Reset option
- Finally, your Firestick will restart, resetting itself to default settings.
Why my Firestick is not working?
Restarting your WiFi router is usually the first thing to consider when troubleshooting why your Firestick device isn’t working. To do this, unplug the router and wait for about a minute before plugging it back in and waiting for it to go through its boot-up process. Additionally, you can restart your Firestick device while you’re waiting.
This simple step of restarting the router may help reset any network settings or signal interference that could be impacting your connection with the Firestick device. It’s also possible some issues between the Firestick and the router itself that can quickly get resolved by this step.
If restarting the router doesn’t work then other steps may need to be taken to determine what else could be causing an issue with the Firestick device not connecting properly.
However, trying out this simple fix first might save some time as it can often resolve many different types of problems, from slow speeds, and lagging connections, as well as various error codes associated with streaming issues on Firestick devices.
More guides for Android devices.