DVD’s are made in such a way that you cannot copy paste the video files from DVD to Computer or Mobile. Let’s say you have a Movie on a DVD and you want to play the movie on your Computer or any other device like an Android Smartphone or an iPhone without any issues and without connecting the DVD. You can use Handbrake to Rip a DVD to your computer easily. Let’s discuss how to Rip DVD to the Computer using Handbrake. This tutorial will help you to Rip DVD to MP4 format easily.
Here’s a full Video Tutorial to Rip a DVD with HandBrake from LifeHacker.
If you are still unable to understand How to Rip DVD’s on Windows using Handbrake after watching the video above, then follow the steps below.
Rip DVD on Windows with Handbrake
It is very easy to Rip a DVD. There are a lot of software or applications available to Rip a DVD on Windows. Each one is simple and easy-to-use. We are using Handbrake Software to Rip DVD on a Windows PC. Handbrake is pretty simple and easy-to-use. The UI of Handbrake is better than most of the software out there.
Handbrake is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux Operating Systems. Handbrake has the ability to convert the contents in the DVD into the formats you prefer for your Android, Windows, or iPad.
Follow the steps below to Rip DVD on Windows PC.
Handbrake – Rip DVD Tutorial
To Rip DVD Files into Computer, follow the steps below:
- First, you need to DOWNLOAD HANDBRAKE for Windows. The Latest version is Handbrake 1.2.2.
- After that, there’s a simple installation process which you’ll be able to finish easily.
- Handbrake, however, has a default option to Rip Unprotected DVD’s. But, most of the valuable DVD’s in the market are copy protected. To Rip the Copy-Protected DVD’s, you need to download some libraries which are provided below.
- The library required for this purpose is libdvdcss. Download it for 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
- If you already have VLC Media Player, then you have no need to download this libdvdcss. But still, if you have VLC Media Player and LIBDVDCSS-2.dll is not present there, then you have to download it.
- Download libdvdcss for 32-Bit Windows.
- Download libdvdcss for 64-bit Windows.
- Now, Insert the DVD into DVD-Drive.
- Start Handbrake.
- On the upper-left side of the screen, you’ll find a Button named SOURCE, click on it and choose the drive which has your DVD (DVD-Drive).
After the above steps, the scanning will start. Wait for a few minutes. After that, follow the next steps.
- After that, select the ‘TITLE’ Drop-Down Menu, now select the required part of the DVD you want to Rip. If it is a Video or Movie, select the Video with a LONG TITLE. Because usually, movies have long titles.
- If it’s a Web-Series or TV-Series, you need to Rip each one separately depending on the length of the Video.
- Now, on the right side, click the Browse Button.
- Select the location where you want to save your Ripped DVD Files.
- You can select any Drive, Documents, or Desktop for this purpose.
- On the right, there’s a Bar named PRESETS, choose the format for the Ripped File.
- You can choose Mp4, WMV, AVI, MKV, and other formats. Thus you can Rip DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI, and other formats easily using the Handbrake Presets.
- You can set different settings for iPhone or iPad and Windows.
These were all the necessary steps to Rip DVD on Windows. Now follow the Final steps:
- In the Top Part, you’ll see a START BUTTON. Click on it.
- This will take some time. Have a Coffee!
This is all about Ripping a DVD on Windows with Handbrake.
After the process is completed, you’ll see a pop-up window which will say that THE PROCESS IS COMPLETED. Now go to the location and play the Video. Or you can play the contents directly!
There are many software’s/apps available to Rip DVD but this one is one of the simplest!
You can Download other good Windows Softwares here.
In this post, we explained How to Rip DVD on Windows with Handbrake in a step-by-step manner.
With these steps, you can also Rip DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, and other formats easily.
Share if you liked 🙂